Tuesday, April 5, 2016

NOT A DAY OF REST...

Well, today was anything but a day of rest...I felt like whistling while I worked just to try to keep on top of everything that needed to be done today.   Did I get it all done?  No, not really.

But most of the important things were accomplished.   Especially my laundry which was quite massive.   Totally surprised me on how much there was but it is all washed and hanging up to dry.

I also tried a new recipe for brown rice cooked in a crockpot and which turned out great, I might add. I even used my small crockpot.  I placed two cups of brown rice in it and mixed in a generous tablespoon of olive oil plus a scant quarter teaspoon of salt.

I turned the crockpot on while heating three cups of water to boiling in my teapot.   After adding the boiling water, I put the cover on the crockpot, turned it on high and let it go.   It did take about two and a half hours but the results were nutty, fully cooked and just plain wonderful.

I also put on a large crockpot of mixed beans with a couple carrots, an onion, ham hock and enough water to bring it to just an inch below the top.   Guess the return of wintery weather is messing with me...all I want is rib sticking food like beans and rice!!!

I just realized that I have been so busy I haven't even touched my Easter Basket full of books.   Maybe tomorrow???

You know I like online classes.   I have been working my way through the photography class and the Basic Crazy Quilt Class.   And now I am into another one:  Graphic Design.   There's a lot on the internet on graphic design.   I think that understanding design will help in my creative ventures.   I'll keep you posted on the sites I have been using.  And if you have any suggestions, let me know

Wow, it's later than I thought...
Tomorrow I hope to spend more time on creative ventures and less time on housekeeping duties...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...