Tuesday, June 28, 2016

CHOCOLATE, A VISIT TO THE DENTIST, AND ONCE AGAIN...

So this weekend I visited a chocolate factory/liquor distillery called Cacao Prieto.   It's located at 218 Coonover Street in Brooklyn.   Basically, it's in the Red Hook Area of Brooklyn which is by the waterfront.

There are several small stores, mom and pop manufacturers, restaurants, etc.   It's a community in change.

The store I visited had the best chocolate I have every tasted...no exaggeration.   It's cacao is organic Dominican.   They are roasted here and made into a variety of chocolate mixes.   You should check out their website for the different types.  

The small factory was not in operation when I visited but I was able to take some pictures.   The first is the roaster and the second is a mixer...

 
I did taste some great rum but the distillery was also not in operation.   But, yes, I did get a picture of it...

They do have tastings and desserts.   Check out their website for more information.

Also, enjoy some of the sidewalk artistry...

Today was another 'dentist' day.   About all I can say about this adventure is that by the time I'm done I will be spending more money on my teeth than the new engine for Lady J cost  (including installation)!!!

My grandson and I are going to be taking day trips the next three days.   Tomorrow, somewhere in the Hudson Valley!!!

And last, but most important, once again, our hearts go out to the victims of the terrorists in Turkey.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...