Thursday, April 12, 2018

JUST BREATHE, FOCUS GROUP BASE EXAMPLES & A NEW PROJECT

Just breathe......slowly.......deeply......eyes closed......breathe.

That's what I had to tell myself once again today with the current political adventures...the breaking news just kept coming.......and coming......and coming......I look forward to the day when I can breathe a sigh of relief and all this is over.

So, I did get some things done. I finally spent enough time to understand the Jude Hill method. I even made a few examples of bases to show at the focus group. My favorite is the weaving...



They are all hand sewn. I am not going to add anything further because I want the folks in the focus group to come up with their own ideas rather than copy mine.

I began another project today.  I call it 'Contained Chaos' and it's in the beginning stages. 

For this piece, I created a border about three inches wide all around. Those are the blocks with lots of small pieces added to them. The center base is down. Next I will be adding tons and tons of tiny pieces of fabric, pieces of string, embroidery floss, etc. all in a chaotic method...in other words, no plans.

I am using the Ellen Linder method for this fabric painting which means that all the fabric is glued down and I will add a finish to the final product. I love the way this project has turned out so far and can't wait to continue working on it tomorrow.

I got the names for my teacup and mug exchanges. I am really excited about putting together a gift box for each. When I have them finalized, I will share them with you...after they are received!!!

Well, it's time for my evening yoga routine and then some reading.  
Take time to relax this evening...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...