Tuesday, April 10, 2018

WELL, ALMOST BACK ON SCHEDULE


Well, I am back on schedule...of sorts. One of the things I wanted to do today was a deeper cleaning than I have been doing. I also wanted to relocate the kitty litter out of the bathroom into the studio between the closet wall and the shelves. I did get all that done...but...it took much longer than I thought it would.

Along with that, I found that one of my afghans was destroyed by a little, tiny critter. They didn't touch the quilts...thank goodness. All-in-all, things took twice as long to complete...or was it that I decided in my mind to take that long?...I don't think so. I had planned on going out today between rain showers and see how the tree down the street was doing. It's the one full of buds just ready to open completely.

I did finally finish everything and then tried my hand at some small stuffies for examples for next year's Holiday Charity. They are cute, but my finishing hand sewing leaves something to be desired.




I also realized that I needed to add more stuffing to the bottom two. All of them require a ribbon and tied bow. I thought a fabric ribbon would be more substantial, so I will attempt those tomorrow.

So, I hope to be back on schedule tomorrow completely. I have to get ready for Empire Quilters' focus group next Saturday and although I have watched a couple classes, I am still having a bit of a time grasping enough to share with my students. Guess what I will be doing tomorrow?

I also got my names for the tea cup and mug exchanges. I will need to get going on those exchanges as they should be mailed by the end of the month. And, of course, there's also my taxes. I always file them the day they are due. Thanks goodness that's the 17th this year. I have everything I need, just need to get down to business and do it...next Monday!!!

And after last week I have fallen behind in my two challenges...oh my...guess my week really is full.
That's all for tonight.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...