Thursday, December 13, 2018

BUSY & SAD DAY...

Today was a busy day. I made two more centerpieces for the party on Saturday. And, I counted out buttons - 14 bags of them - for the How Many Buttons In The Bag game. AND, I kept track of the amounts in each bag which I labeled.  I also printed out two more Stay Put Scavenger Hunt game and put them in envelopes. 

Next I need to print the program and put together the snowflakes and bookmarks...as well as shop for cups, plates and napkins for the party.  The list never seems to end.  And some of the laminated bookmarks are coming apart so I want to run them through the laminating machine.

Well, as promised here are a few pictures of the house.  I took out the leaves for the the table because we aren't expecting folks for at least a week!!!
The Monk Village is totally back and intact.  I have them in my grandma's old secretary...
From top to bottom: The Bake Shop, The Candy Shop, The Snow Fun Group, Apple Cider Making Group and finally the Orchestra.

And sitting on top of the secretary is my oldest nativity set...
The two middle singers as well as the choir boy on the right were my mom's. I painted the picture in the style of Grandma Moses, one of my favorite painters.

Here's Chip and Dale in their usual spots during the day (because they are tired from all the running around they do at night with the other two cats)...


It was a sad day today.  We lost one of our rescue birds, Lucy. The vet tried to save him (Yes, Lucy was a he.) but to no avail.  We have no idea how old they are and Lucy was active yesterday as usual. This morning he was on the floor of the cage. Linus is doing fine. The vet suggested that we not get another bird for Linus, but I don't know. Have to see how he reacts. Of course, there are two other birds in another cage right next to Linus.

Well, it snowed beginning this morning. Not too much accumulation and it's supposed to warm up and rain this weekend. It has been cold tho and there's a sheet of ice on SnowWhite so I expect that it may be slow going tomorrow morning.

Well, it's off to work on the party some more...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk with you tomorrow...