Wednesday, December 26, 2018

CHRISTMAS DINNER & BEGINNING RESOLUTIONS (?) EARLY

So, we finally finished decorating the tree in time for Christmas.  It's crammed full of ornaments except for the bottom section. We weren't too sure how the cats would handle it. With the exception of eating some of the green (and subsequently, throwing up) all four cats have left it alone which to me is a big surprise. But one that I will happily take anyday.

The Christmas meal was cooked both indoors and outdoors.  The turkey and fixings (under the bird) was done totally indoors...
I have never done a turkey this way before but it will be my go to for baking a small turkey.  It was juicy with crispy skin. Perfect combination.  The potatoes and other vegetables are underneath.

The rest of the meal was done mostly on the grill.  It was fairly warm, especially if you stood next to the fire pit...
...or grill...
So, the rest of the meal was shrimp and corn which you can see being cooked above. Here it is fully cooked.
Plus stuffed mushrooms with crab and cheese...
Crab cakes...
And scallops...
A feast of which we are still enjoying the leftovers today.

Today we had to run an early errand and then home for a day of football. Unfortunately, the first bowl game today was called because of lightening.  The next one begins in about an hour and then there is one this evening.  As a matter of fact, I will have an abundance of football through New Year's Day. A wonderful gift for those who love to watch as much as I do.

How many of you decide to start something like a journal, or new exercise routine, or anything on January first or second?  I am guilty of doing this and making a big deal about it.

I picked up a few new journal books, one on gratitude and one on starting where you are to get where you want to go to (My problem is that I don't really have anywhere I want to go at this time...well, for the most part.) thinking that I would begin January 2.  Then as I was looking at them, I thought to myself...why wait?  Really, if you want to do something...begin when you are able. 

And since I was able, I decided to begin.  I think what that did was to allow me to just begin without making such a big to-do about it. To just incorporate it into my daily routine even when my daily routine was really wild and not routine at all.

Well, I'll let you know how things progress.  There is one thing that I will begin on January 1st, though.  It's a daily devotional activity for crafters.  The Crafter's Devotional: 365 Days of Tips, Tricks, and Techniques for Unlocking Your Creative Spirit. Not at all your typical religious devotional.  After browsing through the book, I am excited about it.

So what are you up to for the new year?  Anything exciting?  I hope that you find something to stimulate your creative ventures.

And I hope all of you are having wonderful holidays...
Thanks for spending a few minutes here...
Talk with you tomorrow...