Thursday, January 3, 2019

A LITTLE LESS HAIR...


No, this is not a current picture...green grass and wet leaves are more likely to be found around here. I can't believe that it is already January 3rd.  I had promised myself that I would get back to a regular routine of blogging on the first.  Well, maybe not then because of all the football games! 

But at least the 2nd, but that day wound up with several hours running errands all over the place. At least I was able to drive my truck instead of take the subway!!!

So, today was spent pulling my hair out...not literally but!!!  It began when I volunteered to do the January Newsletter for a group I belong to.  All of a sudden, my normally well performing OpenOffice decided that I would not be able to import any PDF files!

Well, after backing up the computer (just in case), I began looking for and downloading extension software.  Did you know that some extension software do not open all PDF files?  I didn't.  As a matter of fact, in one case not only did it not open the PDF file, but it corrupted it at the same time!  Thank goodness I had a backup.  Like I said, I was pulling my hair out, one strand at a time.

It's now almost 9:40pm and after working for more than fourteen hours, I have conquered the newsletter...by that I mean it's done.  Well, not completely.  There are at least 18 links that I have to include plus maybe jazz it up with a little bit of color.  And then I have to send it to be edited and added to the website.  At least I don't have to distribute it!!!

On another matter, it sure was nice to see the House being lead by Nancy.  I think the next two years are going to be a hoot!!!  Hold on to your seats...things are going to get wild.

Finally, as I was reading through my blog list, I was sad to see that there were several bloggers posting their last post.  Stopping has never crossed my mind...yet. Perhaps it will sometime in the future but right now, I do enjoy sharing my day, thoughts, ideas and questions.

Blogging seems to me to be the short form of letter writing.  Instagram and facebook, etc. seem to be becoming the short form of blogging.  I like blogging.  I would rather write several words when a short phase would do.  It seems like folks want shorter versions of everything and I am just the opposite. I like the long form. The folksy form.  The personal form.  Hope you do to...

Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...