Monday, April 15, 2019

WHAT A DAY!

This photo was taken today.  You can see how the forsythia has blossomed out and the yellow is much fuller and brighter even on a dark day like today.  Actually, the day began with bright sun but it soon devolved into a dark, cloudy, rainy - yes we had some really heavy rains - cold and extremely windy day.

I did get out and took a drive between showers.  There is a very, very tall train bridge that I discovered a while back.  Next time, I need to take my real camera but this is what it looks like at a distance...

And a little closer...

And finally, driving under it...

Just a little beyond this area is a place to park.  Another trail head.  Let me tell you, these trail heads are all over the place.  Fantastic place for hikers.

I had to stop and take this photo because the tree stuck out so beautifully.  I was quite a distance away.  Wish I could have gotten closer...

So today was sad watching the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris burn.  All the cable news covered it constantly.  The timing is something else...Holy Week.  The most solemn week of the Christian Year leading to the Celebration of Easter. 

This evening, though, there is some good news as they believe that the structure is sound, and some things like the south rose window has been saved along with the organ and possibly some of the art work. 

So, on Saturday, I did drive into NYC for my quilt guild meeting.  I have to say that I was a bit worried, not about driving in the city, that doesn't bother me, but about parking.  I knew that parallel parking is non-existent in mid-town on the weekends and most garages do not take pick-up trucks like SnowWhite.

I did find one, though, on 34th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues.  And it only cost $60 for the day. Yes, I know folks who have no experience with NYC think that's outrageous.  But for a truck in a parking garage in mid-town, it's great.

And at the guild meeting, no one else volunteered when the slate of officers was presented, so it looks like I will be the president of Empire Quilters for the next couple of years.  Yiks!!!  What have I gotten myself into?  Stay tuned...

A few folks asked about Chip and Dale who are getting up there in years (17).  Both are doing well.  Chip runs up and down all three flights and is very active.  Dale also does but a little slower.  I think he has a bit of arthritis.  And both are graying a bit.  I took this photo this afternoon, waking them up from their nap.  As you can see, neither was very happy about the interruption...

Well, I got the house spruced up for Easter, made some new pillow covers for the rocking chairs replacing the old ones that looked worse for the kitty wear.  And my studio is in good shape.  But I now have three projects that I have to get going on. 

Two I have two months to finish, one I have one month to get part of it down and another month to finish it.  No I can't tell you what they are in case some of the guild folks get wind.  But when I finish I will share all three projects.  Actually, the third project has two parts so I guess there are four all together!!!

That's all for today...
Thanks for coming over...
See you tomorrow...