Thursday, January 23, 2020

LIFE TODAY...

Thistles may be weeds but their flowers are beautiful.

Yesterday's presentation by the Managers on the chronology of the administration's actions  was excellent.  I am looking forward to today's presentation on the constitution and law.  I do have to say, though,  that it was nice to be finished before midnight!!

The weather is still cold here but the storm that's coming on Saturday will leave us with a deluge of rain, not snow.  The snow that we do have on the ground in some places is about 1/2 inch thick, but very crusty.  

Today has been rather scattered.  Folks in to repair some things and check out others.  I have finished packing all the Christmas decorations with the exception of the tree.  I think I will wait until next week before I tackle that...besides, I enjoy the lights.

The "Next Best Thing' that I am going to do is make supper which will be a meatloaf, cornbread pudding and mashed potatoes.  Maybe some cookies or bars for dessert.  It's hard to concentrate on studio activities while listening to the House Managers.

And then I will work on my art journal.  I am behind and will have to catch up several prompts.  But hopefully I will get caught up.  I have to tell you that working with paper has been fun.  I have not spend enough time doing that.

I seem to have more ideas and better outcomes in the studio if I do more than one type of activity.  Working with fabric only can lead to my being 'stuck'.  But if I combine my art journaling, and drawing/painting along with fabric work, things work out much better.  

What about you?  Do you concentrate on only one type of activity or do you enjoy spending time on more than one?  More to the point, does it help with your main creative venture?

Enough with questions...  
I need to get on with my 'Next Best Thing'...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...