Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Playing Hooky...

I took a break from working in my studio and enjoyed outside.  I began getting the patio ready for summer.  The sun was shining and the temperature was in the high 60's. 

And the boys took the canoe out for the first time.  They were gone for several hours and had a great time. 

I also took the wood out of SnowWhite and put it in Duchess.  Rain is forecast for the next couple of days, so I plan on working on making the daybed frame in Duchess.

I also took time to finish reading a book I borrowed through Kindle Unlimited.  I took advantage of a free offer for a couple of months but have decided not to continue with it so I have until the middle of April to enjoy some of the cosy mysteries.

Today I finished a book by Carlene O'Connor, Murder in an Irish Village.  And now I am reading another book by Margaret Mayhew, Bitter Poison.   And rather than getting back to the work in my studio this evening, I am going to continue reading...

I also need to get some guild work done, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.  I guess I am playing hooky.  I did watch a bit of the trial today but it was hard to listen to...especially the young women who prays for forgiveness at night for not being able to stop what was happening.  So sad...so hard to take in...