Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Yes And The Third Reverse Applique

I was going to write my blog this morning but I thought that maybe the verdict of the trial would come today so I decided to wait.  And I am happy that I did.

The verdict was guilty on all counts.  I am sure this is not the end of everything with appeals, etc.  But that the original verdict of guilty was gratifying and I am thankful that we may begin to turn the corner on equal justice for all.

So as I said, the third example of reverse applique takes the longest.  It begins with a decision of how many layers you want to cut through.  The example has three different cuts.  Once you decide that assemble your fabric.  Here are the fabric choices I made in the order of which I layered them.  One note.  The closer the weave the better.  My top (and bottom) fabric was a looser weave and it did fray more than desired.

Once you have the fabric in the layers you want, then pin the layers together and quilt leaving areas for cutting.  See example...

Now comes the time consuming part.  You need a sharp small scissors with a point to cut away the fabric either one layer, two layers or three layers.  You can use a fray check to apply to the raw edges if desired.  To finish, add a binding...


That's all for today...