Tuesday, May 17, 2022

May 17: A Little of This, A Little of That along with a Dash of Crafting


More thunder storms last night...a bit muggy and warm.  Yep, summer has arrived!  I was thinking that in a month and a couple days, the length of daylight will begin to decrease...and summer is just getting going!

My son put a bid in on a beautiful farm home...fingers crossed.

So, one of the things I was thinking about in terms of your journal is how to use simple craft items to make unique additions.  I used a single brush (cheap) and a set of water colors (Remember the plastic case of water colors that we gave to our kids.  Well, that's what I used. ) and plain bond paper.  Here are my designs...














One word of caution, do not get the paper too wet as it will destroy the painting and the paper.  So use water sparingly.

You can cut these out in shapes that you want to include in your journal.  Once added to your journal you can add pictures, stamps, words or writing.  Try it out, it's just plain fun.  And once you start, making backgrounds, you may want to begin drawing pictures to use as the focal point.

Talk with you tomorrow...