Wednesday, May 18, 2022

May 18: A Little of This and A Little of That along with a Dash of Crafting


Today is a bit cooler but still warm.  No word yet on the bid...fingers still crossed.  

Another aspect of journaling that I wanted to show you today is layering.  What is layering?  Well, just that...you create one layer on top of another and another and so on.  As always, there is no right nor wrong way to do this...just your way.

Here is an example of a page I layered.  I began with a white background (yes, it really was white!)...

To the page I added black acrylic paint with a wide brush...

Next, I adhered two vintage pieces of torn paper...

Using my finger, I added white acrylic paint...

Once dried, I adhered a piece of torn printed tissue paper...


I added two more pieces and some lace.  Notice that the color striped piece I made earlier...

Finally, I added a tag...

You can see part of all the layers I added although partially covered.  Layering adds a level of interest to your pages and allows for more creativity.  Using whatever you have, try layering and see if you enjoy the process.  If you do, add the pages to your journal.

Talk with you tomorrow...