Monday, September 12, 2022

September 12, 2022

A busy and emotional weekend - football, of course, (and my Vikings trounced over the Packers!) but the continued celebration of Queen Elizabeth's life as well as the memorial of 9/11.

No word on the housing situation as yet, fingers still crossed!  Hopefully before the end of this month!

So with the wet, rainy, humid weather, my joints are screaming...especially my hips.  This is fairly new for me...knees, yes but hips...no.  Hope this goes away once the rainy weather leaves.  But, irregardless of my discomfort, we do need all the rain we can get.

The week before school started we took a couple of day trips and I was totally surprised at how low the reservoirs were here in New York.  I know they are down out west, but was surprised at their levels here.

So we are beginning a new week which brings a new question to journal and daily thoughts to ponder.

Today we are going to add a new page to our journal, this one with a pocket.  So take the folded piece that we created the first page on and open it up and we will make the second page on the left hand side.  First of all cover the page with a decorative paper...

I used a digital scrapbook piece which was not large enough so I added scraps of other pages, tearing the edges and inking the edges.


Then cut a pocket out of card stock. This pocket it will be at the bottom of the page and cut like a rectangle.


Once you have the size you want, cover it with decorative paper with stick glue.


Then apply a thin steam of tacky glue around three sides (leaving the top unglued) and place on the page.  I hold it in place for at least a minute.


This pocket will hold a tag which we will make next Monday...

That's all for today...
Enjoy the rest of your day...
Talk with you tomorrow...