Thursday, September 15, 2022

September 15, 2022

A beautiful day today.  I was able to clean up things in the backyard as well as work in the garage.  The workshop is in the garage and it had gotten in fairly bad shape so I am sorting and packing.

The word on the house is that the appraisal now has to be reviewed by two different areas in the loan.  And they can't give us a time when it will be done!  

To be honest, this is getting really ridiculous.  If the closing goes beyond September, then  we really have to make some alternative plans.

Today's craft focus is on inexpensive things.  Since the weather is so nice, I thought that doing something in nature would be nice.  I decided on a sunburst made out of twigs.

First, cut a circle out of heavy cardboard and then cut a circle out of the center of that circle.  The larger the circle, the larger the sunburst.  I used a circle that was 3 and a half inches in diameter and cut out a two inch circle from the center.

I also used my markers to color the cardboard a darker brown.

Next I collected branches as straight as possible varying in length from three and a half to five inches long.  

To adhere the twigs to the cardboard I was going to use a hot glue gun until I realized that I had already packed it.  So I wound up using a generous amount, really thick, of tacky glue and let it set up.  It worked perfectly fine.  To hang the sunburst, add some twine the length that you need.

I have to say that it really is quite striking in real life.  I want to spend more time and collect a bigger variety of twigs, and make another one a bit more evenly spaced and try weaving all around - a circular loom, of sorts - in bright fall colors.  I think that would make a striking fall decoration.


That's all for today...

Talk with you tomorrow...