Thursday, September 22, 2022

September 22, 2022

A day full of rain.  We need it but it sure does not help my arthritis.  I had to go out and pick up a few things including supper.

As this is the first day of fall, I decided on a simple meal of potatoes, cabbage and kielbasa.  That always reminds me of fall.

So Chip has been looking for Dale.  I have been giving him lots of petting and attention.  And I picked up some catnip toys today in hopes that will help.

There is a bit of movement on the house - not completed yet - but movement.  Hope springs eternal...fingers crossed.

Thursday's focus is seasonal/budget and I have something that works for both.  A twine and lace wrapped empty tin can.  It turned out so nice that I want to make more in different sizes.  

Here's what you need:  Empty can, twine, glue gun and glue, scissors and lace.  

On the bottom and top rows use the glue all around.  This stops the twine from slipping off the tin can.

On the middle rows use it maybe every third or fourth row in an inch line.  

Once the twine is on, trim with lace and bow if desired using the glue gun.  You know, for a budget item it looks really nice.  You can plant in it or add silk flowers or dried weeds.  It's perfect for fall.

Here's my example...


I was surprised on how little twine it took.  And how quickly it came together.  I want to make a couple more in different sizes and group them together for a fall decoration.

Football tonight...

That's all for now...

Talk with you tomorrow...