Thursday, September 29, 2022

September 29, 2022

Another week and more delays with the house.  More inspections.  Work to be done by seller if they will do it...one thing after another.

I made supper tonight.  Nothing special just meatloaf, sweet potatoes and corn.  The meatloaf is big, though, so it should last for a couple days.  I love meatloaf sandwiches.  That's tomorrow night's supper.

So, I moved my studio/office into Ben's old bedroom.  The ceiling in my studio/office has some problems and this will allow the landlord to fix it.

I like Ben's old bedroom better anyway...it has five outlets whereas my old studio/office only had two.  Same size rooms so it makes no sense.

Thursday's focuses are seasonal/budget and I have a project that fits both.  A fabric pumpkin.  

The supplies needed are:  fabric, scissors, needle and thread, felt, twine, tacky glue and something to stuff the pumpkin.  Wait til you see what I used.

First cut a circle, any size.  Mine was about 16 inches in diameter.  To cut a circle out of a square, fold the square in half four times so it looks like this...

Simple round the top open edge with a scissors so it looks like this...
Open the circle and hand sew a gathering stitch around the wrong side folding a 1/2 inch seam back...
Gather the stitch and close as tight as possible and stuff.  Note:  As I had no stuffing available I used bubblewrap...
If the hole is big, use another piece of fabric to cover by just slipping it into the hole...
Next using twine, divide the pumpkin into eight segments, repeat to make two or three strands of twine.  Leave long lengths at the beginning and end...
Tie the ends of the twine together tightly...
Using green felt squares (about 3 inches) cut a leaf shape at each corner but keeping the felt intact.  Use two if desired.  Poke a hole in the center of the felt pieces and pull the twine ends through and then twisting them until they form a stem shape.  Secure with tacky glue...

This is how the pumpkin looks...
It's really cute, kid friendly, inexpensive and fun to make.  They make great decorations for both Halloween and Thanksgiving.

That's it for now...

Talk with you tomorrow...