Thursday, February 15, 2024

February 15, 2024

The snow has melted a tiny bit, maybe from 12 inches to 10 1/2 inches, but there's still a lot of it.  And the temperatures are staying in the mid 30's during the day and much lower at night.

Looks like things will warm up next week into the high 40's and low 50's.  And to think that last Saturday it was in the low 60's here!

I worked some more in the basement.  I am down to looking into individual boxes sorting into keeping, donating and discarding.  I am finally going through things from my mom and my grandma.  Bitter sweet thinking about loved ones long gone and still so vivid in my mind.

I worked on a new small junk journal.  The cover base was a cracker box.  The cover is actually something that I did a while ago.  I took a paper bag from the grocery store, cut it apart, dampened it with water and scrunched it several times.  When dry, I used an ink pad and rubbed on the creased areas.  The final step was to rub hand lotion over the paper.  I glued it to the base and stitched around the edge.  Check these photos out...


 I also worked on pages for this journal.  Here are pictures from the first set...


You will notice that I sewed around the edges of the pages as well as on some of the pockets.

That's it for today...talk with you later...