Wednesday, February 21, 2024

February 21, 2024

How was your President's Day?  Did you have to work or was it a holiday for you?  In New York City the schools have the entire week off for mid-winter break. 

It's finally in the low 40's today...warmer each day from now on.  And next week the 50's make a return.  A good deal of the snow is gone and what's left is very porous.  

I was going to take the entire week off from posting but decided that I would post today even though it's a busy day.  I filed my taxes, paid my bills, organized part of my studio, worked on a journal, etc.  

Here are the latest pages for my newest journal.  First page...

The inside pages...(Note:  The page on the left side has an envelope.)


 And the last page has a belt the contains a note pad...



I've been rereading the Mary Marks mystery quilting series...halfway through book five.  I haven't found any new-to-me mystery series.  I am going to download a couple cosy mystery books from the New York City Public library that I have never heard of just to see if they interest me.

Tonight is the February meeting of the Textile Study Group of New York. The group is composed of textile artists from allover the world.  Many have local exhibits.  The members are encouraging, knowledgeable and curious.  They share their talent with other members and are just plain great people.

That's it for today...