Monday, February 26, 2024

February 26, 2024

With temperatures in the mid 50's today and in the 60's tomorrow and with all the snow gone, I imagine that some of our early spring flowers will be out this week.  The problem is that this is still winter...and the high temperatures are not normal.

And, as usual, along with the high temps comes precipitation.  This time in the form of rain forecast for two days!

How was your weekend?  I had a nice one, planted some vegetable seeds getting ready for spring.  These are going into an indoor grow tent.  Should be interesting to see how they develop.  I want to plant outdoors later on...late May or early June.

I worked on a couple quilts.  The top on the smaller one should be finished by tomorrow so I will show that then.  The other quilt is being done a bit differently.

I have sixteen 18 inch square block top done.  Some have already had the batting and backing in place and in the ditch quilting.





  I also have four striped blocks that are 18 by 22 inches.

Once I have finished all the blocks with batting, backing and in the ditch quilting, I plan on putting them together starting with 2 rows of four 18 inch square blocks each, then a row of the four striped blocks, followed by the last two rows of the four 18 inch square blocks each. 
 The finished quilt will be 72 inches wide by 94 inches long.  

The question was how to attach the blocks.  I plan on working each four block row by zig-zagging the edges together.  Then adding a strip of fabric by machine on both sides.  Should be interesting.

Have a great day...talk with you later...