Monday, March 25, 2024

Well, our weekend didn't go quite as planned.  It rained so much and so hard on Saturday that we didn't get out to see the sugaring demonstration.   At least we had it better than folks south of us.  We had no flooding but they did.

Sunday was rainfree but cold.  So it turned out to be a stay at home weekend...kind of a lazy day weekend.  But I have to say that those are nice every once in a while.

One of the things I did was play around at my craft table with cardboard.  Yep, cardboard.  I have been mesmerized by the YouTube videos using cardboard to create furniture.  No, I didn't create any furniture.  What I did create was a book with pockets on the inside.  Here's a picture of the cover.  I used fabric and lace on both the inside and outside of the book but I still want to find a fabric flower that I can cut out and add to the front.  I used two strips of velcro to close the book...


And here is the inside.  I used tacky glue to make the pockets out of cardboard, covered them with fabric and attached them to the book with a hot glue gun.  There's a front loop on the right hand side to add pens, bull clips, etc.  The first picture shows the book as open, the second from the top down to see the pockets...


The week is in front of me wide open with lots of opportunities.  How does your week look?  I hope there are lots of opportunities to do things both needed and wanted.

And talk about needed, I have decided to make a change in my exercise routine.  I usually take the weekend off but when I get back on Mondays I feel that I have to spend a couple days getting back to where I was on Friday.  So I have decided to still take two days off, but not consecutive, making sure that there are at least three days of exercise between the days of no exercise.  I'll let you know how this works out after a month or so.

And speaking of exercise, I wanted to let you know about the chair yoga I am doing which is 28 days of chair yoga with BottomsDown.  I have enjoyed it so far and find that it has increased my mobility and helped with core development.  

But I have added 10 minutes of chair cardiac exercise.  This gets my heart going and as well as fast movement.  

If it looks like I won't make the amount of steps I have as a goal I do add a walking video...not a fast walk, just a simple walk with lots of variations.

That's all for today...talk with you later...