Monday, June 24, 2024

Can you believe that this is the last Monday in June?  I am having a hard time realizing that June has gone by so fast!

Seems like a few days ago when I began my journey out west at the beginning of June.  I'm still waiting for time to slow down as so many older folks have said to me...it's seems to be gathering speed!

So the folks here are back from their vacation but since the fire has happened leaving me with no place to live back home, I am staying here for most of the summer...at least until there is a place to live.

Remember these fabrics...


Well, I have finally played with the fabrics and created a small wall hanging.  It's not finished but here it is so far...

Here's a close-up...

My process was to just cut odd pieces of fabric and lay them down on the background in a way that worked for me.  I first pinned the pieces down and then basted them in place.  You can see the long white basting stitches.  Finally, I am using a blanket stitch to hold them in place.  I also used tape on the edges of the background fabric to keep from raveling.

Once I finish the blanket stitches, I want to use a low loft batting and cotton fabric for the back.  I have yet to decide how to finish the edges and then how to 'quilt' the piece.  I am thinking of embroidering some patterns in several areas but haven't really decided yet.

Still doing my doodles.  They calm me when I get a bit anxious about the fire...



That's all for now...talk with you later.