Wednesday, June 19, 2024

This is the view at the end of the 'dead end' street.  You can see the mountains in the distance.  It's cool out this morning but it's forecast to be a lot warmer today than yesterday...about 12 degrees.  Still cooler than back east where they are experiencing the heat that we had last week.

I played with some toilet paper roles yesterday and made some more 'birds'.  This time instead of painting, I covered one with the crinkly paper in mailers and the other with fabric, decorating both with a bit of lace...

I also worked on another four page spread for the current junk journal I am creating.  I'll share that tomorrow.

I am listening to an excellent audio book called 'This Chair Rocks:  A Manifesto Against Ageism' written and read by Ashton Applewhite.  Being older myself and approaching 80, I am finding this book quite enlightening and interesting.  It's is certainly making me really consider life at this age and why I was so frustrated about attitudes of others at times.  

I have been working on a list of things from my studio.  I have questions for the insurance agent and have written him without any response.  I'll give him one more day and then I will call him!  As I said before, this is going to take a lot longer than I want but there's not much I can do about it.

If you are in the heat zone, take it easy today...

Talk with you later