Saturday, April 21, 2012

Galveston

I made it to Galveston yesterday and let me tell you this place is unique.   First of all, it is much larger than I imagined.   The first thought that hit my mind is how in the world with only one bridge and a ferry do they evacuate all these people when a hurricane is heading in their direction?

The ocean was rough.   In the first picture you can see the ships on the horizon.   The next picture is of a wharf with rides and the last is a picture of the waves...

The architecture in downtown Galveston was colorful and wonderful.   Some of the pictures remind me of the old fashioned postcards!!!

I'll post more pictures of Galveston later.  Next time I visit, I plan on spending more time visiting some of the unique shops.   I did stop into an antique shop (Got some stereooptic pictures!) and a very unique surplus center!!!

Flowers always catch my eye but when I saw these they were so beautiful that they seemed artificial...

Another picture of texture...

Monday I leave for Dallas, then Tuesday on to Amarillo and on Wednesday I will be in Santa Fe.   I will be spending a couple days there before going on to Arizona and the painted desert, petrified forest and of course the Grand Canyon.   Then on to Colorado for cliff dweller sites and finally to Moab, Utah.   I think I will be busy, but I will try to post on the way.

Thanks for visiting...

Enjoy your weekend and spend some time on yourself...