Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mobile...and storms, again

I made it to Mobile, Alabama.   Course, I ran into more storms.   The trip was uneventful with the exception of the headwinds.    I would like to have some tailwinds sometime.   Think it will help with gas mileage?

Unfortunately, I haven't had any wifi access which is why this is my first post this week.   But I think I have that problem solved now.

I had the opportunity to visit Fairhope, Alabama today.   It's on the other side of the bay from Mobile.  If you are in the area, it is a must see.   It is beautiful town with great stores and a wonderful park on the water that includes a swimming beach and a rose garden!!!!  

Here are a few pictures on the way.   Mobile docks...

And The Alabama...

The park by the water in Fairhope really is quite beautiful...

The day was very overcast and because of the recent storms, the gulf water looked muddy but still it was beautiful including the flowers...

One of the sculpture scenes was dedicated to Marietta Johnson, the world leader of the Progressive Education Movement.   She opened the School of Organic Education in 1907...

I haven't been doing too much creatively except with my inchie swap.   I'll post pictures when I finish.   It is quite unique this time.

So, have you finished your taxes yet?   Not much time left!   But don't sweat it, you can always file an extension if needed.

Hey to the folks at the Embassy...hope you've been enjoying a great spring.  

Thanks for checking in...