Thursday, May 10, 2012

Arches National Park - WOW!!

It seems like each park I venture into is more awesome that the last.   And this one continues the pattern.   The structures are so large that it's hard to take in.   Most of them would dwarf the tallest skyscraper.   I visited several places today, more tomorrow and even more on Saturday...if I can hold up!!!

Today we saw Park Avenue...
To give you some scale...the white rocks on the bottom right hand side are much bigger than a person!!!

Here's the three Magi...
Again, a person would not even make it to the top of the 'hem' line if standing right next to them!!!

And balancing rock...

Then there the sandy arch.   This is in a narrow canyon with fine sand on the floor...it's like a giant sandbox.   (And just as hard to walk on as beach sand!)

And another arch...

Finally, this is where we are going tomorrow.   It's called Delicate Arch.   A three mile hike up a giant stone and then a pathway on a ridge...oh my goodness, what am I getting myself into?   I'll take pictures during the hike so you can get an idea.   Again, notice the two folks, one on the ridge and one framed by the arch...it's not small!!!

Thanks for checking in...

Enjoy your evening...