Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Inchie Swap Finished!

This month's inchie swap had an interesting theme - The Perfect Storm.   I had a hard time coming up with something until I came across this Helen Keller quote (which I saw on someone's blog)  "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship."  A very brave lady...someone whom I would like to emulate but fall far short.

For the base, I took two inch-squares cut from a toothpaste box (yes, I save everything), glued together, added a purple top and a green back on which I placed the who, what, when label for fellow swappers. 

I cut out two sets of waves and glued them together...

After which, I forgot to take more pictures of the process.   But it was simple.   I edged the square with copper adhesive tape.   This is how I attached the waves (instead of gluing them to the background).   Then I cut out a yellow sailboat and added an orange sail and slipped it behind the waves.

From there I used my hand drill to drill a hole in the top left corner and add a grommet.   To hold the Helen Keller quote, I cut out an 'oar' shape and applied the saying, punched a hole and added a grommet.   I then hooked the two pieces together with wire and beads.  

And this is what I came up with...ta-dah...

The 'oar' slips behind the sailboat.   I also made a gift box and put together some 'inchie' surprises.

Tomorrow they will be off to the swap host.

Do you like swaps?   I do because the force me to complete a project.   I have far too many UFO's around.

Here are a couple more pictures from my recent travels...

I love the shape of the trees in the west...

And there are flowers that bloom in the desert...a whole bush of them, in fact.

Thanks for stopping by...

A shout out to the folks at the Embassy...hope everyone is enjoying spring...

Enjoy your evening...