Friday, July 27, 2012

The Black Hills

It was hot the day I arrived..105 degrees!   But I survived.  For those of you who asked, yes the Black Hills look black because of all the pine trees.   This is really a beautiful area.  I know, I know, I say that about everyplace.   But each is beautiful in it's own way.  Unfortunately, the pine trees are being destroyed significantly.  

The last time I visited Mount Rushmore, I could only glimpse the carvings on the way up through the trees.   This time most of the trees were gone and I could see it the entire way!!!

Here are a few pictures of the Black Hills...

I loved this wooden bridge...

This was taken before the storm hit...

Finally, a couple pictures of Crazy Horse...

Mount Rushmore next time...

Stay cool this weekend.   Enjoy the Summer Olympics.

Thanks for stopping by...