Monday, July 16, 2012

Yellowstone Animals

Just as a reminder of how vast the landscapes are, here are a few more from Yellowstone...

But onto a few of the animals.   First of all, if you drive by a place where lots of cars are parked off the side of the road...stop.   There is probably an animal there.   The first time I encountered the parked cars, this is what I saw...

(Note:   I generally don't like to include people in my photos but they were standing so close that I could not get a shot without them in it.   Have no idea who they are.)

Later on,  with only a few parked cars, this is what I saw...

I almost went by several cars, but in the end decide to stop.   This is what I almost missed...

When cars are stopped in the road one of two things might be happening.   Maybe an animal is walking down the middle of the road like this...

Or, folks have spotted something unique and stopped their cars to take pictures.   This is what I saw at one of those times...
See the hump on the back, that indicates that this is a grizzly bear and not a black bear.   Nice, huh?

I didn't see this in Yellowstone, but on another drive this past weekend...

I'll tell you about this past weekend's drive next time...it was wild!!!

Thanks for visiting...

Enjoy your evening...