Friday, November 9, 2012

Colored Pencil Failure!!!

It's Friday and the sun appeared for the entire day.   What a treat!  

I haven't been doing much with colored pencils lately...let's face it, for quite a while.   So I pulled them out yesterday and found out that I have forgotten a lot of what I learned.

Here are some pictures of what I've been doing...



See what I mean...I forgot most of what  I learned.   My teacher, Heddy, would be sad.   No, she would just say, okay now how can we fix this picture.   And continue to encourage me to rework and rework.   You should see her drawings.   The are spectacular.

You have to remember that I do love primitive pictures.   One of my favorites is Grandma Moses.  This is a little more stylized but not so great.   So back to the drawing board.   I'm going to begin again.

What do you have planned for the weekend?   There are several festivals in the area so I think I will try to visit a couple.   Sounds like a great idea to me.  I'll even take my camera with me...or my iPhone and take some pictures.

Have a great weekend.   Don't forget football.

Thanks for spending time here.