Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I'M STILL HERE!!!

I think the 'flu' bug hit early this year - at least in this house.   That's why I've been out of commission.   I'm on the road to recovery but could use some more energy.  

I have managed to get some decorating done which I promised to share.   Outside on the front porch, I have some icicle and snowflake lights.   Instead of a wreath, I put some greens in a tin basket (which I picked up at Goodwill for a couple dollars!!).

I also picked up a wooden reindeer at Goodwill, again for just a couple dollars, and decorated with the same theme as the tin basket.

Stuffies rule the entryway...

On the top shelf there's a santa, sleigh and reindeer which were made by the neighbors of my Grandma who lived in a tiny town in Minnesota called Ogilvie.   Emil made the sleigh and reindeer and Irene made Santa.  They were made for my mother when she was a child which would be about ninety years ago.

Right inside the front door are two very special decorations.   The Creche was the first Christmas decoration that my husband and I bought a few months after our wedding.  We bought it at a major department store in downtown Mobile, Alabama.   It is still as beautiful as it was when we bought it forty-five years ago...

Next to it is one of the last decorations we purchased at Macy's in New York City, after Christmas on a fantastic sale...

I'll share more tomorrow.   Well, how is your decorating doing?   Are you  cutting down this year or putting it all up.   I've decided to put it all up and enjoy it.   Of course, I leave my decorations up for several months.

So, how about planning for next year?   Are you thinking about it or not?   I know that I am seriously looking at my options and what I would like to accomplish.   I also like the idea of choosing words for the year.  My words for this year were CREATE and DISCOVERY.  I am actually considering keeping them on for next year.   What about you, are you choosing words to live by for next year?

Thanks for visiting...

See you tomorrow...