Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 Plans Continued...

Fifth in my Ornament Doodle Series

How was your weekend.   In football, only one team that I was cheering for won.   Oh well!!!   I still enjoyed watching the games.   And there are only four left, a couple playoffs, Pro Bowl and, of course, the Super Bowl which I hope will be better than the college 'super bowl'.

So did you take some time for yourself to daydream this weekend?   How about journaling with the prompt from last week.   I promised to share mine and here it is.   Not quite finished, but a good beginning.   The first picture is how I created the background with watercolor.   The second is the journal creation so far.   I used gel pens, markers, paper collage, etc.


The major word that came to the forefront was success.   That doesn't mean that everything I tried worked, as a matter of fact, there were lots of failures but even those I considered successful because I tried.  Nor does it mean success in any monetary sense.   

What it means is that I lived the best life I knew how to live given the circumstances.   And, that I found joy in my life even in the face of some very sad things.   To be honest, I was kind of surprised that this is how the journal page turned out.   It was interesting.   I looked at the blank sheet - well, it had the watercolor background on it - and couldn't think of what to do.   So I picked up a marker and began to write and the word that showed up was success.   Go figure.

I've decided that I really enjoy working with single sheets of paper rather than in a book for now.   So this is how I intend to journal this year.   For the time being, I will put them in a folder until I find a binder that I like.

So, back to planning for 2013?   One of the reasons for looking back at last year was to think about  those things that you enjoyed.   This may give you a clue as to what you want to do this year.  

For instance, if you decided to sew your own wardrobe last year but realized that you weren't that good at sewing and even worse you really did not enjoy any time spent sewing, you probably wouldn't want to include that as one of your goals.   But, if you did enjoy sewing even if the results weren't as good as you wanted, it would be something to include in your goals.

We've got half of the month of January left to think about the 2013 goals.   How about this week you think about things that you would like to do this year.   Goals you would like to reach.   And yes, take some time to daydream about those things.   Dream about what it would be like to reach those goals?
Dream about steps you would take to achieve those goals.   Just dream...

Thanks for visiting...

Check out the new weekly prompt...

See you tomorrow...