Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Plans Continued...(Oh, And An Inchie)

Sixth in my Ornament Doodle Series

I've talked about inchies before...they are tiny one-inch square pieces of artwork.   I swap inchies six times a year at Roses On My Table.   (It's free to join and there are several swap areas.   The only cost is mailing.  If you're interested, check it out.)

The theme this month is Winter Wonderland.   I decided to use a snowman as my central idea.   I have also just 'discovered' gel pens, especially metallic ones so I used them to embellish my snowman scene.  Unfortunately, the metallic effect doesn't show up well in the photo but in real life the sparkle is there.   Here's a picture of the inchie as well as the envelope I made to store it in...

So, back to your plans for 2013.   Any ideas pop into your mind while you were daydreaming?   You have taken some time to daydream, haven't you?   You are worth it, you know...

When you think about things you want to do this year, don't limit yourself.   Think about all aspects of your life.   

Health, for instance.   That could include improving your eating habits.   Not necessarily to lose weight.   Although that is something that most of us want to do.   (Well, I know I do but maybe I shouldn't assume that you do!!!)   

Back to eating, that could go in all different directions from eating healthier, to eating local produce, to growing your own food, to learning how be a better cook, to meal planning, to...on and on.  

Perhaps exercise on a regular basis is something you would like to do.   It could be anything from walking to training for a marathon.

Just think of all the areas:  Family life, professional life, time with children, reading, simplifying your life, decluttering your home, budgeting your finances, learning something new, spending time on a hobby, etc.  

Actually, you could get bogged down with all the possibilities.   I would suggest that you work on the number of goals that feel right to you.    And be sure to include things that you not only want to do, but that will bring you joy while doing.  

So, back to daydreaming.   Really.   Take some time to sit in your favorite chair, relax and just dream.   Who knows, maybe something unexpected will show up and and completely surprise you.   Just like the word 'success' in my journal page from last week!

Thanks for dropping in...

Enjoy your evening...

See you tomorrow...