Monday, January 7, 2013

Vacation is Officially Over

 Winter at the ocean...

I know, I know...kids have been back to school already and folks are back to work, but I like to extend my holiday vacation a few extra days.   However,  today is the first day of the work year for me.   And it's time!

You will notice some new things on my sidebar.

First of all, my words for the year have changed.   For 2013 the words are Explore, Commit and Trust.   It's time that I really evaluate what I want to commit my life to.   There are things that I am still struggling with...you know...which road to follow.   (I have always loved the Frost poem The Road Not Taken.)

But this is the year that I have to get off the fence and choose.   Perhaps I will choose one road this year and the other next year, but choose I will because it does feel like it's time.   And once I choose, I need to commit and then trust in the outcome.   Not always easy for me...I usually want to get in there and dilly about!

Next, you will find the Thought for the Month.   This is for me as well as for my readers.   I really want to embrace the wonder I had when I was a child.   Every once in a while I think I have it - like when I went out and made snow angels in the snow a couple weeks ago - but those moments are few and far between.   Maybe it's because I have come to that age where folks say that we enter our second childhood.   But for whatever reason, I want to recover that sense of wonder.   I want to look at the stars and imagine space travel.   I want to look at the forest floor and imagine fairy houses.   Well, you get the idea.

Finally, I have decided to post weekly journal prompts.  Why weekly?   Because I never seem to be able to journal on a daily basis.   But I do enjoy journaling and I thought that if I gave myself (and you, my readers) more time to play with a prompt I (and you) may have a better chance at actually spending time creating and journaling.

Changing subjects...
Here are the last of the pictures of my Christmas decorations.  Actually, I have lots more decorations than I shared in pictures, I just figured that enough was enough...



Laundry was on the schedule today.   I do not have a washer and dryer and haven't felt like getting a set as I am not planning on staying here much longer than a couple years.   However, I really didn't want to go to the laundromat either.   Washing by hand is acceptable, but I decided to get a portable washer and a portable spin dryer.   These can go easily in my travel trailer as well as a small apartment.  They work great!   The spin dryer gets my clothes so dry that it takes very little hanging time to finish.  

Tomorrow I will share how I changed my studio/office over the holidays, as well as some of my doodles.   I'm looking forward to a great year with all of you, sharing my creations and frustrations.   Thanks for visiting.   See you tomorrow...