Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Studio Rearranged...


Doodling ornaments.   I cut out a stencil for the ornament shape above and then had fun doodling.   I have several to share with you.   Most were done with markers and artists' pens.   I just found out how much fun gel pens are, so I have begun a series in the shape of an egg.   They do take longer to finish but the colors are really neat, especially the metallic ones!

Studio Rearranged...
So when I moved in just before Thanksgiving, I managed to put together my studio/office, but it wasn't exactly working for me.   And a lot of things were just shoved on the shelf.   This is what the studio/office looked like...


Once the holiday celebrations were over I began to sort things and arrange them in a more convenient places.   I also wanted all my fabric visible.   I only make small fabric art now so my stash has lots of pieces but for the most part only fat quarters.

One other thing that bothered me was being 'hemmed' in.   My chair was constantly bumping into things.   So this is how it has turned out...




This arrangements just works better for me.   There is a lot more space in the room.   Enough that I am looking for a drop leaf dining room table to put in front of my white table/desk.   With that, I can simply move my studio equipment/furniture close to the shelves and set up the table for dining.    So what do you think?  

Thanks for dropping by...

Check in tomorrow and we'll talk about what's up this year...