Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Walk Around the Neighborhood

Or, what's wrong with my yard????

Okay, this morning began cold, raining, gray and windy.   Late this afternoon, the weather changed.   The sun is peeking through the clouds, neighbors are sitting on their front porch (Wonder if they're from Brooklyn?).

So, I took my camera and walked around the neighborhood.   This is a small little area with old homes, intergenerational families with folks my age and older as well as lots of families with kids.  In other words, just my cup of tea...actually, coffee.   I love tea but I LOVE coffee.

At any rate, this is what I found.  And now I am wondering what's wrong with my yard...








Isn't this little bird house really cute?

And I love this fence decoration...

On the creative side, I worked on quilting my forest at night scene...

Remember this is raw edge applique.   So far I have outlined all the trees, bushes, animals and the house in black using a minimal zig-zag.  I have everything ready to begin free motion machine quilting.   I debated whether to use a color, a clear or a metallic thread...gold metallic won out.    I'll post the results tomorrow.

So how is your day going?   Have you walked around your neighborhood lately?   You may be as surprised as I was to see how much has blossomed everywhere but in my yard...still a mystery to me.

Thanks for dropping in...see you tomorrow...

Enjoy yourself...