Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Swaps


No, I didn't take this picture locally...wishful thinking.  It's a gray, cold, windy day.   I've had the light on all day long because it is so dark.  As a matter of fact, the rain promised today looked a bit white!!   But there's always hope that spring will arrive...eventually!!!!

I love swaps.   What about you?   I've been in lots of different swaps and right now I am in two.   One is a mail art swap.   Postcards that go through the mail.   I've been trying to decide between three different styles...one is doodling.   Maybe something like this...


Another is painting.   Maybe something like this...

Or maybe collage.   Fabric for instance...

Of course, the collage could also be paper instead of fabric.   So what do you think?   I am actually thinking of doing more than one piece.   One for the swap partner and one for the host.   Well, I'll let you know which type I decide.

On a side note, I went to three different places to purchase regular postcards...you know, the ones without pictures...and no one had them in stock.  Go figure...

The other swap is a fabric scrap swap.   Right up my alley because I love to work with small pieces.  Problem is that I don't have many scraps right now.   So, I let the members of the quilt guild I belong to know that I am looking for scraps.  Usually they are happy to have a place to send their scraps besides the 'round file'.

I'm having writer's withdrawal...the thing that happens to me when a large assignment is over is that I want to do everything and I mean everything!    Here's a sampling of what I want to do:   Make newspaper yarn, work with my paper clay, make a miniature room completely - no miniature purchases,  plant a garden (not going to happen this year), go horseback riding, visit the rest of the light houses in Maine that I have not been too...get the picture?   Going to have to pare that list down a bit...

Well, thanks for visiting.   I hope your weather is exactly what you want...

Enjoy yourself this evening...

See you tomorrow...