Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunny, Windy & COLD!!!

Today I thought I would take a walk around the neighborhood.   Well, it was a little too cold for that, so I settled on a walk about the house.  Things have progressed but...

These are still the only flowers in the yard...

These have grown about a foot - still no flowers...

Buds on the tree in the front are finally opening...

This...

And these...
...just appeared this week.

And these buds went from almost nothing to opening...
However, notice the thorns!!!

I did have fun this weekend.   Remember this...
The first in my series of modern quilt art...  (The string hanging down on the right hand side is from the hand work that I am beginning to do.)

Well, I got a good start on the second in the series.   First, I picked out the fabric at random...

Then I cut out shapes and placed them randomly.   Here's a close-up...

And the final placement...

And here's the piece after some machine work...

I like it.   And I enjoy the freedom of just doing.   In other words, cutting out shapes and placing them where I like them...no planning...no following 'rules'...just doing!

So, how was your weekend?   I hope you had as much fun as I did.

This week, I am going to have to mow the lawn.   There are places where the grass is quite high.  I did purchase a small corded electric mower.   While walking around the front yard, I realized that the cord will not reach everywhere.

However, I can solve that problem easily.   My trailer is hooked up to the house current.   So, I can plug into the outside plug on the trailer and mow til my heart's content...well, let's get real...I can finish the job.  

There's a new journal prompt posted for the week.   I promise to share more of my journal pages with you from past prompts.   None of them are finished, but then I never consider anything completely finished.   They are, however, well on their way.

Thanks for spending some of your time with me...

Enjoy yourself...