Friday, April 19, 2013

It's Over

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a news junkie!   Just as I went to bed last night, all heck broke out in Boston...well there went my night of sleep.   I did get a few hours of shut-eye this afternoon, but I was awake when they finally arrested the second suspect. 

And as happy as I am for the capture, for Boston, for the State of Massachusetts, for all the police involved...I can't help but remember the sadness of all those injured and the three victims that died at the Boston Marathon and the policeman that lost his life yesterday.   Keep all of them and their families in your thoughts, please.

On another note:   I finally finished my big writing assignment!!!!   That's it.   No more deadlines looming.   Now I can focus some time on creating and planning a vacation and just breathing freely.   Don't get me wrong, I love to write.   But sometimes big assignments kind of take over and little things get lost...

One of the little things I want to try is making newspaper yarn and creating things with it.   Have you ever heard of newspaper yarn?   I hadn't until a couple days ago.   It's make with a drop spindle.   Sounds a little weird, but I'm really interested in it.  

So, as soon as I acquire some newspaper - no, I do not subscribe to one - I will give it a try and post some pictures.

The weather has been weird.   I still have no other flowers than the crocuses, and the trees are not budding out.   The grass is a bit green though, so maybe there is hope.

I hope you have a great weekend planned.   I do, now that the writing assignment is over.   I plan on spending my days in my studio just enjoying myself.    Be sure to spend some time for yourself also.

Thanks for visiting...

See you next week...