Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Creating...Oh, and Yard Work!!!

The weather was beautiful today...warm enough to work in the yard.   So I mowed and trimmed the lawn.   The grass was thick and tall once again.   And then I filled in the holes, planted the seeds and watered the areas.  

Remember the 2 cubic feet of wet soil that I could not pick up.   Well, it was still in the car and still wet.   So, I hauled the soil to the back yard in four sections.   At least is it now out of the car.   Look at this picture of two of the holes.   They are about 3 feet by 1 foot.   Not exactly small...

I snapped this picture of the bleeding hearts bush from the top.  It's actually crammed full of flowers.

On the creative side, I promised you a picture of my journal page using this week's prompt...

The picture I posted yesterday of the canvas for the 'Sticky Fingers' class was still wet.   Now that it is dry, the overall image is much lighter...
I'm still going to give it a yellow wash but one that does not completely cover the fabric designs, etc.

I finished the design of the third piece in the modern art series that I am doing.   I have the fabric cut and placed.   Next the sewing...

I really like this design.   Remember the other two?

I am trying to introduce new ideas in each of the pieces.   I think I have succeeded a bit...

Can you believe it...after all that work in the yard, I am ready for bed...and it's still early.  The sun hasn't even gone down yet.   I guess gramma was right.   Exercising outside does a body good and makes a body very, very tired!!!!

Thanks for taking a few minutes to visit...

Hope you enjoyed it...

See you tomorrow...