Monday, June 10, 2013

It Begins with 'R'

and ends with 'n'...can you guess what 'it' is?   You're right...rain!!!   Guess those April Showers that come in May decided to stick around through June.   Do you remember that song?   I remember singing it in a girl's quartet...wow, that's ancient history...

At any rate, my plans for today included trips to the beach and flea markets for lots of pictures.   Unfortunately, with the weather forecast of rain for the next couple of days (It's here, by the way.) those plans were scraped and new ones formed.   Things like hanging out the laundry so it could get dry.   AND mowing and trimming the yard when it wasn't so thick and long that it would take me forever to get done.  (I'm nursing my aching muscles right now.)

So I don't have much to talk about today.   I did find a new flower in the yard.   It's on a bush with tons of thorns...
It's a small (about the size of a penny), white flower with a yellow center.   And it's quite striking looking.

I also got a couple art cards done for the Index Card Art Challenge...


I'm progressing in the office/studio, but no, I didn't get it quite finished.   Sometimes I wonder if I ever will.   Do you ever either under-estimate project times, or, procrastinate on getting things done, especially when you are in the middle of it?  I think that's where I'm at. 

For instance, the pile of fabric left to take samples of is really small...but do you think I can get it done?   It's like pulling teeth for me to finish.   How about you?   Do you ever find yourself in that position?   What do you do to get things going?   That's not a rhetorical question.   I would really like some suggestions...

Thanks for visiting...

See you tomorrow...