Friday, June 7, 2013

T.G.I.F.

After six hours at the shop, the car was finally repaired...and the bill came in under a thousand dollars...always a plus.   So after a quick trip to the grocery store, I made it home just before the deluge.   Can you guess what it's doing?

I found some more flowers around the yard this week.   The tree off the back deck has white blossoms that really have a great fragrance...


I'm not sure what these flowers are.   I thought they might be a type of trumpet vine, but in bush form and pink...

This 'glad' was beautiful...

And these are still popping out all over...

I'm making lots more newspaper 'yarn'.   I have several ideas for more baskets and am looking forward to making them.   I cut lots and lot of newspaper strips and have them in a bull clip attached to my desk.   The spindle is within easy reach.    So when I have a few spare minutes, I pull out the spindle and twist away.

Here are a couple more creations for the Index Card Art Challenge...


Update on my new way of eating:   I'm still losing about 1 pound and a half a week.   I can't believe how easy this is for me.   Wish I knew about it before.

How are your weekend plans coming?   Mine include working on my studio/office.   I am way behind the schedule I had originally planned.   Can you believe that I am still collecting fabric samples?   Only the purple and blues left to do!

Have you ever watched 'Not My Mama's Cooking' show?   It's a show where Paula Dean's son is remaking his mother's recipes with less calories and fat.   I just discovered it and have enjoyed seeing how he has incorporated more taste and less fat.   I am going to try two of the recipes.  They look great.

Well, thanks for stopping by...

Enjoy your weekend...