Wednesday, July 31, 2013


I took this picture on the Casco Bay Tour last Saturday.   It was so beautifully sunny with calm seas that sail boats were out in droves...

With August beginning tomorrow, it's time to think about school for many families.   Summer is slowly slipping away.   Preseason football begin Sunday.   Can fall be far behind?   So, what are my ten goals for August?

     First and foremost, the INCHIE CHALLENGE.   I will be making an inchie a day.  Hope you check in and see all the inchies, and if you have time, try making a couple.
     Second,  I want to finish sorting my clothes, donating at least 60%.   I realize that I haven't worn the majority of clothes in my closet for a couple of years.   I basically live in jeans and t-shirts.   I do want to keep a few dressier clothes, but for the most part, I've decided to donate so that others have the opportunity to use them.
     Third,  I want to finish sorting, scanning and shredding my documents.   I'm down to a couple boxes, so that is doable.
     Fourth,  I will be continuing with scanning and notating my pictures, at least 25 a day.
     Fifth,  I will be continuing with the 5/2 diet and my goal is to lose 6 pounds.
     Sixth,  I want to sort three boxes of my grandmother's things which my mother never got around to sorting.   Hmmmmm...
     Seventh,   I want to finish the Artful Gathering online class in which I am enrolled.
     Eighth,   believe it or not, I want to begin planning for Christmas.   My children have asked that I make things for them rather than send gift cards or buy presents.   You know what that means?   So I need to get started now...
     Ninth,    I want to continue blogging five days a week as well as do some long range planning for my blog posts.
     And Tenth,  I want to sort summer things, packing those I want to keep but donating at least 50% of them AND get my fall decorations ready to use by the first of September.

Well, that sounds like a busy list.   Add to that family visits and some side trips and you have my August schedule!!!

I'll close today with a beautiful picture of a rose...

Thanks for dropping by...
Have a great evening...
See you tomorrow...