Thursday, June 19, 2014

JOURNAL MAKING PART ONE

Okay, it's already Thursday...the week is almost gone.   Wow!   I find myself completely surprised when Thursday comes and I think it should only be Tuesday.   Go figure.   .


JOURNAL MAKING PART ONE.
I have to apologize for the photos in advance. I did not have a lot of time to set things up - it was a busy day.  Next week - better pictures because the journal looks a lot better than it appears.

I wanted to make a small journal this week and decided to divide the instructions into two parts.   Today I will show you how I made the pages and next week I will show you how I make the cover.

Supplies include heavy hand-made paper, cardstock weight paper for the spine, tacky glue, stick glue, double sided tape, scissors, ruler to make straight lines, bone folder, and a variety of different types of paper, stickers and other trims.

The hand-made paper is in four different colors...

I folded the card stock paper for the spine...

I cut each page 8 inches by 5 1/2 inches.   I decided to make eight pages with pockets for memorabilia and eight pages for writing.  

You can see how I decorated each pocket page using a variety of techniques from pockets cut in odd shapes, to envelopes to side openings and even two small pockets per page...








When gluing these pages into the spine, they will be facing each other.   The remainder of the pages are for writing and once again I used a variety of ideas and techniques.   These will also be glued into the spine facing each other.   The good feature for this arrangement is that the pages to be written in will lay flat for easy writing...






Next week:   The Cover and putting the journal all together.


ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY THIRTY

AND FINALLY, MY JOURNAL PAGE THUS FAR...
I added keys, white strikes and spray gold which does not show up very well.




Thanks for checking things out here...
See you tomorrow...
No Snow...:)