Thursday, June 26, 2014

JOURNAL MAKING PART TWO

Last week I demonstrated how to make a journal with both pages to write on and pages with places to hold keepsakes. Today I will show you how I made a cover.

I began with two pieces of bristol paper which I folded in half using a bonefolder to crease the fold...

I also cleaned and dried egg shells...

I spread tacky glue on the areas I wanted to add egg shells.   Once the glue was down, I placed small pieces of the egg shell on the glue and pressed, breaking up the egg shell...

To add color, I painted both the front and back cover with red and white acrylic...

I painted the inside of the covers with white and beige acrylic paint...

Next, I glued drawings which I found in my stack of old papers to the inside cover both front and back...


I sprayed the front and back cover with a gold shiny spray, added a sticker to each page and using a gold pen, I outlined the front cover and added the word Journal...


Finally, I attached both the front and back cover to the accordion spine and added gold to the front spine...



ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY THIRTY-FIVE
Three more organic designs...


And finally I did add something to my journal page...


Temperatures turned cold throughout the day as the weather promised storms (which did not materialize here).   Hope the weather is nice where you live.   Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...