Thursday, June 12, 2014

POSTCARD SWAP CRAFT


I decided to try something different in making my postcard for this month's postcard swap. By the way, it was very dark outside (more wind and rain!) and my ottlight needs a new bulb so the photos are a bit on the yellow side.

The first thing I did was outline a design with tacky glue on heavy watercolor paper and let it completely dry...

Next, I used a thick watercolor to color in the areas...

When dry, I attached a piece of off white tissue paper using Diamond Glaze...

I wanted the area a bit darker so I added another piece of pattern tissue paper, again using Diamond Glaze...

 Next, I used blue/green and yellow watercolor to add highlights...

I cut the postcard to size.

To add the words, I printed them out first and then used two ink stamps to create color  (Yellow and Wild Honey)...

I then cut out the words and glued them to the postcard...

Next, I added gold effects using a metallic gold pen...

Finally, I added a thick coat of Diamond Glaze to seal the postcard.  This turned out a lot better than I thought it would.  As a matter of fact, I really like this technique and will use it more often.

ZENTANGLE CHALLENGE:  DAY TWENTY-FIVE:
Yesterday's Zentangle was focused on geometric patterns.   Today's focus is on organic patterns.

Tomorrow is already Friday.   Wow!   Time just flies by for me.   How about you?  Any plans for the weekend?   I think mine may be really full...depends on the weather.

Well, I will share my journal page tomorrow as well as let you know how my week's goals went.

Thanks for visiting today...
See you tomorrow...