Monday, August 4, 2014

A JOY FILLED MONTH, A TIP AND BEST OF ALL...

DUCHESS IS BACK...
...I can't show you the new axle, crawling under the trailer is not my favorite activity, but trust me, the axle is new.   So she's ready for more adventures.   Unfortunately, after her bill, I'm not!!! We may stay put for a month or so.   But, the best news is she's back.

I like the quote by Robert Louis Stevenson (See Monthly Thought). JOY! What a wonderful word. One meaning of 'joy' is 'a feeling of great pleasure'. If you look at 'joy' in the thesaurus the are tons of words from jubilation to happiness.

I bet you can think of lots of times when you've experienced quiet joy, a slow smile and a warm feeling hugging you; as well as jubilant joy when you've wanted to shout out to the world "Hey, everybody..."

For me joy is a time that satisfies my soul. Thinking of happy times spent with my husband who is now deceased. Or looking at fall foliage. Or listening to a rainstorm (By the way, it is pouring down as I am writing this...weird weather out here.). Or reading a good book. Or, watching football (Yes, I did say football.   If you've been following me, you know I love football!).

Joy is this month's focus. Many folks keep a gratitude journal. This month I would like you to keep track of when you experience joy in your life. You don't have to keep a journal, maybe just keeping a running tally of how many times you experience it. You remember, four vertical strokes and a diagonal stoke through them equals five.

Experts tell us that if we make note of times of joy in our life, we will find ourselves feeling more joyful. And by feeling more joyful, we will experience more times of joy. Now that's a circle I wouldn't mind joining. How about you? 

I will keep a running tally this month and share it with all of you. I will even share those special experiences of joy I have throughout the month. Why not challenge yourself to keep your own tally and see what happens?  I bet you'll be surprised and filled with joy!!!

A TIP
When I'm on the road, I do not have a shredder to dispose of documents and charge slips I wouldn't want others to get a hold of.   So, first I tear them up...


Then I add some water and a squirt of hand soap...
After a few minutes, I mush them together, squeeze out the water and throw the glob away.   No way could anyone get the information from that mess of paper.

But, if you want to take it a step further and make use of the papers, you can add some white glue, mush the paper together several times, let it sit overnight, and you have paper mache.   After squeezing out the water, you can make sheets of paper, put it in candy molds, or simply shape it by hand.   Is that a frugal craft or not?

I am making paper mache out of my papers (above).   I'll let you know how I use it this week!


Well, let's hope I do better this week...

Exercise every weekday...(walked 1 1/2 miles this morning!)
Lose one pound
Post every weekday on my blog
Get new glasses
Finish top of wall hanging
Organize papers

That's it for today...
Thanks for visiting...
See you tomorrow...