Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A DAY TO REST

When I left Grand Island yesterday to drive to West Des Moines, actually Adel, Iowa, where the campsite is located, I had a sneaky feeling that the short trip (240 miles) would be a bit longer than originally hoped for...and it was...long!

Clues?   A beautiful sky the color of deep slate blue.   I love the color, but in the sky, it's not so great. Think thunder, lightening and rain.  

As I told you yesterday, there was lots and lots of rain (6 inches plus), thunder and lightening which caused delays in setting up Duchess.   Every time there was a break in the rain and thunder and lightening, I would run out and do something like connect the electricity or the water or make sure Duchess was sitting level.   But I could only do one thing at a time and then run back in to miss the thunder and lightening.

And poor Chip was so afraid of the noise that he snuggled with me on the recliner with his head hid in the corner.   Dale?   Well, he sat at the open door and watched!!   And to think they're brothers!!

I added a few more fall things to the trailer...yes, I know, I promised that I was done decorating.   But these were small and so cute.   Brighter lights in my basket...

And battery operated candles...

...and they flicker!

Here are the pictures I took of the horses down the road on my last walk...


I hope you all know what this is...

And finally, tonight's supper.   I started with sauteing some onions, tomatoes and a chicken tender all cut into small pieces.   When done, I added some cannelloni beans, an organic soup cube and a bit of water.   I let this mixture simmer for about thirty minutes.   It was heavenly...

but I love all kinds of beans...

It rained most of today so I decided to rest.   The trailer is set up for living, not traveling and I enjoyed a leisurely day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day - read that no rain, I hope - and I will be visiting the covered bridges of Madison County. Watch for pictures.   I'm looking forward to exploring...

Thanks for dropping in...
See you tomorrow...