Friday, March 27, 2015

COLD WEATHER, CRAFT UPDATES AND A DISCOVERY

Ah...well...I had a great time in Time's Square on Wednesday.   Lunch with a friend and sightseeing.   However, it was a bit on the cold side and when I got off the subway in Brooklyn it was kind of raining, kind of sleeting, kind of snowing.  

At any rate, I got very, very cold on the short four block walk back to my apartment.   Even a long hot shower didn't warm me up, but it did help.   So I took some sinus meds and went to bed.   Basically, I stayed in bed until this morning with the exception of a short run to the local drug store for more sinus meds.

Thus, no posts on Wednesday nor Thursday.   But I am back today, feeling much, much better.

So unto today's work.   I tried another Marking Marks type of project to 'free' up my creative juices. I began with a large prefinished easel and two colors...yellow and violet...

I added several pieces using ModPodge...

I liked this very much but the challenge is to make marks.   So, I made marks...

Funny thing, I don't especially care for this so I will continue to add more 'marks'.   I'll let you know how it works out on Monday.

I also worked on my fabric landscape...

And I do like where this is going.   Lots more to add yet.   And then the quilting but I am happy with it so far.

BUT, I discovered something.   I have two area to work in...my fabric area and my everything else craft area.   I enjoyed working with my fabrics.   Can you guess why?   It didn't take long for me to understand...

See what's out and easy to get to?   My fabric!

In the other area, almost everything is in containers...

Yes, it's all neat and organized.   But it is also frustrating for me because too much is not as easily accessible as is my fabric.   For instance, if I am collaging I will need many different things.   So, I will have to take out lots of containers to look for the items I want to use.

It probably sounds petty, but I think that it is quashing some of my creative insights.   For instance, if I all of a sudden decided that I need a particular item but it takes up to ten minutes to find it, that insight may very well be gone.

So I need to look for a way to make these craft resources more easily accessible.   Any ideas? One idea I had was to hang a long rod on the wall from which I could attach lots of containers (with s-hooks).   I saw this at Ikea and really liked it.   A bit too costly at this point, but I think I could still use the idea with Dollar Store items.   What do you think?

Hope your weekend is full of lots of fun things to do...or relaxing if that's what you want.   I'll be keeping up with March Madness.   Most of the games this year have been quite good...like the Wisconsin/North Carolina game.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you on Monday...