Monday, March 30, 2015

THREE PROJECTS AND LAZY KITTENS

How was your weekend?   Mine was really great...well, I could have done without the snow on Saturday!   But, thankfully, it did not stay on the ground...only in the air.   March Madness games were quite good over the weekend.   A couple of near upsets.

I worked on the fabric landscape some more.   This is where I left it on Friday...

And this is what I have added...

What's left?   Snow around all the trees and fence posts, some cows in the barnyard, folks skating on the pond, a couple snowmen, horse and buggy and folks on the road and a few folks in other places.  I see one tree a bit askew, but nothing has been affixed to the background so it's all okay.   I really am enjoying this...

I played around some more with my 'Making Marks' collage.   This is where I left off last week...

If you remember, I wasn't especially thrilled with this phase, so I continued adding more elements, paint and a final protective coat.   And this is the finished collage.   I am going to hang this one up...

I want to add my comments to the proposition that a real artist would only use the best products.   Do the better products give a different result?   You bet they do.    But that doesn't mean that in order to be a true artist, you must use them.   The paints I used in the above collage were cheap, (59 cents a bottle) acrylic paints and I think the results were spectacular.

I tried a simple painting using the same type if paints and this is what I came up with...
A vibrant painting that I call 'Radiant Universe'.  (I'm also hanging this one up.)   

So the answer is NO, an artist does not have to only use the best products to create.  Artists can use whatever they choose to use.

Chip and Dale have definitely become accustomed to the new pets...

Linus and Lucy were chirping away about ten feet from Chip and Dale when this photo was taken.   As I said...they pay little attention to the feathery little friends.

A busy week ahead.   Trips to Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens.   Should be interesting.   Come along and enjoy the fun...

Thanks for checking things out here...
Talk to you tomorrow...